Monday, November 1, 2010

Apples

First, they must be washed. This was the messiest part of the whole experiment by the way. (Yes, I did refer to this as an experiment.) Water and soap were EVERYWHERE and cleaning 5 little apples took about 45 minutes. As you can see, Riley could not wait until they were covered in caramel and sprinkles.
Must cover each spot - very carefully.
These are delicious!! Riley has little ghost sprinkles on his! I have quite a sprinkle problem, I can admit. You name it - I probably have it in the form of a sprinkle.
MMmmmmm.
So, as far as the experiment goes - I cheated a bit and bought those caramel sheets. Dave walks in and explains to the kids there is a different way to do this that involved dunking apples and messes and whatnot. They are very excited now to do this again next year. Thanks Dave - I hope you handle it well. I will be out the day you plan to do this with the kids!

No comments: