Monday, May 18, 2009

My Mother's Day week

Yes, my kids are fabulous and all - I couldn't be happier with them, but I spent my first Mother's Day away on my own :-( sob. Went for a little trip to Florida. Started off at my brothers house for a bit of tanning by the pool, then we headed down to West Palm to spend Mother's Day with our mother. I had forgotten what a terribly scary driver my brother is. I'm still shaking.Here we are. Don't we look happy to be together? It took me like a good 30 minutes to learn how to use the self timer on my camera. We were standing outside in the heat FOREVER smiling at a camera that never went off. I got it now. Not to worry if I ever suggest it again (note to family at christmastime!)
Then, as I extended my stay, my mother put me to work. I don't remember what we were building, but that was my first time with a power tool (other than a weed wacker). It was quite thrilling. All that power!!! I may be addicted!
Then I came home to my darling darling family, and I still don't feel like I got enough hugs & loving from my babies to make up for the week I was gone. I don't think I'll ever get enough.
And thankfully, it rained every day while I was gone, so my garden is still living.

2 comments:

Crystal said...

Whoa! You look so natural with all that power.

sgalas1000 said...

LOOK OUT!!! Lara has a power tool!