Sunday, August 2, 2009

Max.


Many times in the past weeks I have sat here and looked at the empty blog entry screen. Just could not bring myself to blog it. But, here I go.
Max is no longer with us.
We are all absolutley and totally heartbroken. Still hear his bark and the klink of his dog-tags. Still hear his tail hit the floor as he wags it. Still expect to see him when we come home. Still awkward to walk down the hall and not have to step over him.
Adyson came into my room the other morning when she woke up as she does every day. She tapped me on the shoulder and said, "Max is never coming home??" "No darling. No, he's not."
OK--have to go blow my nose.
We love you Max. You are, and always will be, the best dog ever.

4 comments:

McKt said...

Oh, no! How sad. He was truly one of the best dogs I have ever met. I know he will be missed.

BlessedMom said...

I'm so sorry! It's hard to lose a pet. They're part of the family. Thinking of you and yours.

Anonymous said...

Oh no! I am so sorry. I'm sending you and the family {{BIG HUGS}}

Jenny G said...

I'm so sorry Lara! Thinking of you and your family.