Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Goodbye Dora

Yes, it is true. I can no longer be called Dora. The other night I went out with Dave for some chicken wings and switched to a purse (Dave gets embarassed when it is just he & I and i carry a backpack. Imagine??). The next day I said, hmmmm......let me see how this will go. And we all have suvived the last few days.


I have always carried a very small bag. Some women refer to them as wallets. Small wallets. So, off i went today to my favorite store, ROSS to buy a handbag. It's been years and i really didn't know what I was looking for. So, of the 10 I had on my arm that I had to narrow down from, it was easy enough to go, uummmmm, these three are under $100.00!!!!! I'll choose from them.

What's that? it does look fabulous. large enough for the three of us yet still lightweight. Yes, it was a good choice. What? You're not talking about the purse anylonger? Oh that car? well, Yes, that was my other purchase today. Ain't she a beauty? I can't wait to drive to Florida!!! Can't wait. I think I might sleep in there tonight. i can put cotton in my new handbag so I can have a pillow.

6 comments:

momx2 said...

Wow Lara, you are on a little shopping spree today. Congrats on your big purchase.

And the car is nice too!

Michelle and Jason said...

Well, I'm sorry to hear about Dora, but super excited to hear that you are loving your new purchases! And, the new car! You're going to love it! Congratulations are in order - you totally deserve it!

Anonymous said...

Whoo Hoo!! You've made a big step and I'm proud of you. Congrats on the purse and the car!

Sherry said...

Honkin' Cow, Lara!!!!!!!!!! You are such a high rolla! Good grief! How much does crack go for these days?

I LOVE THEM!!! Awesome!! Looks like you got room for two in there...

Jenny G said...

I was so busy trying to recognize you in this picture without your backpack that I completely missed the new car!

BlessedMom said...

Who are you and what have you done with Lara???? I don't know that I'll be able to recognize you anymore without your killer backpack!

Love the new car...a little jealous, but still loving it!